Gmail is the most popular email and recently, made massive official changes with an impressive visual redesign on the web. The new Gmail has rolled out globally and indicated that it won’t be available for all users but the invitations will be sent to opt in rather than being able to do it by themselves. The lead product manager of Gmail says that “the redesign was done to make people productive and safe.” It seems that the series of changes made by Google has a complete distinct sense and going to be treated more like customers of Google business, which is not at all a bad thing.
Here is everything you should know about the latest update
The update is primarily for the web version of email service and brings features of artificial intelligence and security. Are you curious to know what is new with Gmail?
- Major redesigning – Gmail has been revamped totally and got a complete new look. Starting from Compose to sidebar of Gmail, everything is changes. Even there is a new bar on the right side for add-ons. Now, you can even click attachments sent in mail without opening the thread. And guess what, snooze feature in email!! Yes, you can hover over your messages to RSVP or archive or snooze mails. It is estimated by Google that Snooze feature can save over 100 million opens every month.
- Confidential mode – It lets you create an expiry date for emails and you can also add two-factor authentication to ensure that the recipient access the email.
- Information rights – There are so many new controls to let you limit the activities of email recipients on your message. These controls are called as “Information rights Management”. You can remove the options of copy, forward, print, download in your message. It allows to secure your messages from being shared for wrong purposes.
- AI integration – Finally, Google’s AI has been leveraged by Gmail. Gmail can remind you for responding to messages and with smart reply, you can respond to emails by using the auto responses. High-priority notifications are also shown with the help of AI and Gmail can also smartly recommend you to unsubscribe from mailing listing considering the number of emails sent by sender and your reading rate.
- Tasks, add-ons and integrations – There is new side panel in the inbox of Gmail that allows to quickly create, edit or reference invites of Calendar or write notes. The third-party business apps can also be accessed easily through new side panel. Also, manage to-do-list in Tasks by creating tasks, subtasks and add notifications for due tasks. Still not enough.! Drag and Drop an email to Tasks to create a to-do and it will appear in your calendar.
- Security warnings – Google has identified the Business Email Compromise threats, when someone tries to impersonate to gain confidential information. For better prevention of phishing, Gmail warn users about the suspected email and recommend to move these type of messages to spam, that provides clear call to action.
How to get the new Gmail?
- For Personal Gmail accounts – Login to your Gmail and click the gear icon in the top right corner. If the update option is available for you, you will be able to see the option “Try the new Gmail”.
- For S Suite accounts – Ask admin to enable new Gmail on G suite account. The admin needs to go to the Admin console and allow users to access new Gmail. After this option is turned on, the user will get option of “Try the new Gmail” under Settings.